Students can start ACE in 7th, 8th, 9th, or 10th grade. For example, a student who wants to start ALL in 7th grade needs to apply in the spring semester of 6th grade. Although students may be younger than the grades stated, the nature of the acceleration and the high school level content, no exceptions to younger students will be granted.
Students must submit the following with their ACE application:
- ACT, SAT or CogAT scores of at least:
- ACT English: 20 and ACT Critical Reading: 20
- SAT Evidence Based Reading & Writing: 500, SAT Total: 1000
- CogAT: 90th Percentile
- Register to take the CogAT with MSU GATE HERE
- Teacher Recommendation Form from your current English or foreign language teacher
- Most recent grade report with strong grades
Please note: Students need to meet the criteria for the ACT, SAT, or CogAT. Students only need to take and submit scores for one of these tests. An IQ test is also acceptable instead of standardized test scores.
Although students may meet the minimum requirements, it does not guarantee acceptance. All applications will go through a holistic review process.
Students must reapply every year (except Year 1 to Year 2 academic students) to be accepted into the program. Acceptances cannot be deferred and are only valid for the year the application was submitted and approved.