Students can start ISHALL in 7th, 8th, or 9th grade. For example, a student applying to start ISHALL in 7th grade needs to apply in the spring semester of 6th grade.
Students must submit the following to complete their ISHALL application:
- ACT or SAT scores of at least:
- ACT English: 21 and ACT Critical Reading: 22
- Old SAT taken in January 2016 or prior:
- SAT Critical Reading: 520
- New SAT taken in March 2016 or after:
- SAT Evidence Based Reading & Writing: 560
- Recommendation Form from their current English teacher
- Most recent grade report
- Complete an online English diagnostic test. This will occur after you submit your ISHALL application online. Follow the link in your To Do list in your online application for instructions.
Please note: Students need to meet the criteria for the ACT or SAT. Students only need to take and submit scores for one of these tests. An IQ test is also acceptable instead of standardized test scores.
**If you took the Old version of the SAT (January 2016 or prior), you DO NOT need to take the New version. Your scores on the Old SAT can qualify you for GATE programs. See the minimum scores for the Old SAT listed above.**