Students must currently be in grade 7, 8, or 9.
To sign up for the Residential option, students must be a minimum of 12 years old.
Students must submit the following with their CSI application:
- ACT or SAT scores of at least:
- ACT: Math 19 or Composite 20
- Old SAT taken in January 2016 or prior:
- SAT Math:470 or SAT Total: 900
- New SAT taken in March 2016 or after:
- SAT Math: 510 or SAT Total 1000
- Teacher Recommendation Form from a science teacher: During your online application, you will be asked to provide a teacher's school email address, and the GATE office will send your teacher an email requesting that they fill out an online recommendation for you. (Do NOT ask your teacher to write you a letter of recommendation - only our online recommendation form will be accepted.)
- Most recent grade report
- Essay (view Essay Question)
Please note: Students need to meet the criteria for the ACT or SAT. Students need to take and submit scores for only one of these tests. An IQ test is also acceptable instead of these standardized test scores.
**If you took the Old version of the SAT (January 2016 or prior), you DO NOT need to take the New version. Your scores on the Old SAT can qualify you for GATE programs. See the minimum scores for the Old SAT listed above.**