The PDF/paper form we have used in years past has been retired.
We will NOT accept the old PDF/paper Teacher Recommendation form.
Additionally, we will NOT accept recommendations in "letter" format.
Application Online Teacher Recommendation Process
Our Teacher Recommendation form is online only. The process for requesting a Teacher Recommendation is:
- Inform your teacher that you would like them to recommend you for a GATE program, which entails filling out an online form. Tell your teacher that they will receive an email from the GATE office with instructions on how to fill out the online form.
- When you apply online, you will simply type in your teacher’s name and their official school email address.
- After you click “Submit” on your program application, your teacher will receive a personalized email explaining that you are applying to your chosen GATE program and are requesting a recommendation.
- The teacher will click the link in the email to be taken to an online form.
- The teacher will fill out the form online, and click Submit.
- When the teacher clicks Submit, your Teacher Rec status (see below) will be marked as "Received".
PLEASE NOTE: These forms are the confidential property of the GATE office. No information from the recommendation form will be shared with parents, schools, or external parties.
Checking the Status of your Teacher Recommendation
- Login to the GATEway application system.
- For each Submitted program on your Application List, you will see a Teacher Rec status, which provides the date the email request was sent to your teacher and indicates whether or not the GATE office has received the recommendation from your teacher yet.
- If the status is “Not received yet” and it has been at least a week since the request was sent to your teacher you may want to ask your teacher if they received the email request from GATE (this includes having them check their spam folders). If they have not received it, you can resend the link to the teacher by clicking on the "Resend" button on your "To-Do List" on your Dashboard.
- A “Received” status means your teacher has filled out the online form and submitted it.
Which Teacher Should I Ask to Recommend Me?
Academic Year Programs
|ALL (Latin)||English or Foreign Language|
|LEAF (French)||English or Foreign Language|
|MANGA (Japanese)||English or Foreign Language|
|GUPPY 3-4||Math or Science|
|GUPPY 5-6||Math or Science|
|Intensive Study in Aqueous and Environmental Geochemistry||Math or Science|
|Intensive Study in Computer Art: Merging Programming and Creativity||Math or Science|
|Intensive Study in Non-fiction v. Fiction Writing: Focus on Space and Place||English|
|Intensive Study in PRE-MED ED||Math or Science|
|PRE-LAW: LitiGATE, An Intensive Study in Prosecuting and Defending A Criminal Case||English or Social Studies|
|Intensive Study in Sustainable Agriculture and Remote Sensing||Math or Science|
|Intensive Study in The World of Computer Science: The Underlying Language||Math or Science|
|MST||Math, Science, or Technology|
|MSTL||Math, Science, Technology or Leadership|