Cost: Academic Year Programs
CHAMP, ISHALL, LEAF, & ALL
There is no fee due at the time of application; however, upon acceptance into a program each student pays an initial, non-refundable $100 reservation fee confirming his/her intent to participate. Returning Year 2 students do not submit a new application, but must pay a non-refundable $50 reservation fee confirming their intent to continue participating in the program.(Please note: If your student is currently in Year 1 of a program, they do not need to submit another application for Year 2. They just pay the reservation to confirm continued participation.)
Tuition is $1,500 per year ($750 is due before the beginning of each semester). Tuition is separate from “Reservation Fees” and “Other Costs.” The GATE office will send parents notice of when payment is due. Contact the GATE office if you require a payment plan.
See the Financial Aid page for more details.
How to Pay
See Payment Options page for more details.
Parents are responsible for providing transportation, as well as class supplies such as notebooks, binders, etc. Some programs may organize optional field trips with attendance costs to be paid by the family.
CHAMP: Parents are responsible for purchasing a graphing calculator for their students. The TI-83+ is preferred.
ISHALL: Parents are responsible for purchasing the assigned books for their students.
LEAF: There is a $100 technology fee for this hybrid program.
ALL: There is a $100 technology fee for this hybrid program. Parents are responsible for purchasing the assigned books for their students.
CHAMP-Avondale and ISHALL-WEst Bloomfield: Students pay a $100 facility fee for these off-campus programs. Parents are responsible for purchasing the assigned books for their students.
All classes are subject to a minimum enrollment of 15 students and may be canceled at the discretion of the GATE office.
Refunds and Drops
If a student drops from a GATE academic year program, the refund policy is:
- For drops occurring on or before the date of the fourth class session, 100% of the tuition for the program dropped will be refunded.
- All requests for withdrawals and refunds must be submitted in writing to the Gifted and Talented Education office via e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org) or by mail by the end of the business day of the fourth class session.
- For drops occurring after the date of the fourth class session, no refund will be made for any programs dropped.
- Reservation fees are non-refundable.
- Refunds may take up to four weeks.