Cost: Summer Programs
CSI, MST, Future Docs, & GUPPY
CSI, MST, and Future DOcs programs require a $100 non-refundable application fee. Payment must be made in order for an application to be processed. Applications received after posted deadline dates must include a $20 late fee.
The GUPPY program does not have an application fee.
CSI Camp: $1,500 residential, $750 commuter (includes lunches). Extended day is available for commuter students for an additional cost. (Please note that CSI is on hiatus for Summer 2017.)
MST Camp: $1,950 residential, $995 commuter (includes lunches). Extended day is available for commuter students for an additional cost.
Future DOcs: $1,500 residential, $750 commuter (includes breakfasts and lunches). Extended day is available for commuter students for an additional cost.
GUPPY: $250 (includes breakfast and lunch for 1 student and 1 parent; $10 each for additional family members to eat in the dining hall). Please see the other costs section for hotel information for
Tuition Payment Information
CSI, MST, and Future DOcs: Once accepted into the program, each student must pay a $150 tuition deposit confirming his/her intent to participate. You will then be billed later for the remaining balance of tuition. Contact the GATE office if a payment plan is needed. However, please realize that tuition must be paid in full before the program start date.
GUPPY: Once accepted into the program, the student’s family will be notified of the payment due date.
See the Financial Aid page for more details.
How to Pay
See Payment Options page for more details.
CSI, MST, and Future DOcs: Parents are responsible for getting their students to and from camp. If students are flying into Lansing’s Capital Region International Airport, parents must arrange for the student’s transportation between the airport and campus. If residential students need to arrive early to camp or leave later than scheduled, parents must notify GATE and the extra room and meal costs will be charged to the parents. Students should bring a small amount of personal spending money for souvenirs, vending machine snacks, etc. Extended day is available to commuter students for an additional cost. Financial aid is available.
GUPPY: For out of town families, GATE has arranged a local hotel, and reservation information will be distributed after the student is accepted into the program.
Estimated Hotel Costs:
• 1 queen bed + pull-out couch - $99/night plus taxes/fees
• 2 queen beds - $119/night plus taxes/fees
• 3 queen beds suite with 2 bathrooms - $149/night plus taxes/fees
All programs, or classes within a program, may be subject to a minimum enrollment of 15 students and may be canceled at the discretion of the GATE office. Additionally, the residential portion of the programs may be canceled if there are less than 10 students per program signed up to stay on campus.
Refunds and Withdrawals
- The application fee of $100 is nonrefundable.
- All requests for withdrawals and refunds must be submitted in writing to the Gifted and Talented Education office via e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org) or by mail at least 14 days before the program begins in order to receive a 100% refund of tuition paid.
- If a student withdraws in writing within 14 days before the program start date, the refund will be 50% of program fees paid.
- Students who withdraw after the start of a program receive no refund.
- Students dismissed for disciplinary reasons are not eligible for any refund.
- Refunds may take up to four weeks.