Cost: Summer Programs
IS4GT, MST, and MSTL
The IS4GT, MST, and MSTL programs require a $100 non-refundable (for any reason) application fee. Applications received after posted deadline dates must include a $20 late fee.
The GUPPY program does not have an application fee.
GUPPY 3-4: $275 (includes lunch for the student).
GUPPY 5-6: $350 (includes lunch for the student).
For both GUPPY programs: Please see the other costs section for hotel information for out-of-town families. Saturday dinner will be provided for students and family members during the evening activity (attendance is optional).
IS4GT or MST: $1,500 residential, $750 commuter (includes lunches). Extended day is available for commuter students for an additional cost.
MSTL: $1,950 residential, $995 commuter (includes lunches). Extended day is available for commuter students for an additional cost.
Tuition Payment Information
IS4GT, MST and MSTL: Once accepted into the program, each student must pay a $150 tuition deposit confirming intent to participate. You will be notified of the deadline for the remaining balance of tuition. Contact the GATE office if a payment plan is needed. However, please realize that tuition must be paid in full before the program start date.
GUPPY: Once accepted into the program, the student’s family will be notified of the payment due date.
See the Financial Aid page for more details.
How to Pay
See Payment Options page for more details.
IS4GT, MST, and MSTL: Parents are responsible for getting their students to and from camp. Students should bring a small amount of personal spending money for souvenirs, vending machine snacks, etc. Extended day is available to commuter students for an additional cost.
GUPPY: For out of town families, GATE has arranged a local hotel, and reservation information will be distributed after the student is accepted into the program.
Estimated Hotel Costs:
- 1 queen bed + pull-out couch - $99/night plus taxes/fees
- 2 queen beds - $119/night plus taxes/fees
- 3 queen beds suite with 2 bathrooms - $149/night plus taxes/fees
GUPPY On Campus Dining: Family members may eat in MSU dining halls; see eatatstate.msu.edu for details.
All programs, or classes within a program, may be subject to a minimum enrollment and may be canceled at the discretion of the GATE office. Additionally, the residential portion of the programs may be canceled if there are less than 10 students per program signed up to stay on campus.
Refunds and Withdrawals
- The application fee of $100 is nonrefundable for any reason.
- All requests for withdrawals and refunds must be submitted in writing to the Gifted and Talented Education office via e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org) or by mail at least 14 business days before the program begins in order to receive a 100% refund of tuition paid.
- A student who withdraws in writing within 14 business days before the program start date or after the program begins is not eligible for any refund.
- Students dismissed for disciplinary reasons are not eligible for any refund.
- Refunds may take up to 4 weeks.