To apply, students must currently be in grades 6, 7, or 8 during Spring 2018. Please note that students begin these programs in the Fall of their 7th, 8th, or 9th grade year. For example, to begin the program in the Fall of 7th
grade, students must apply in the spring of their 6th grade year.
Students must submit the following to complete their CHAMP application:
- ACT or SAT test scores of at least:
- ACT Math: 21 and ACT Composite: 23
- Old SAT taken in January 2016 or prior:
- Math: 530 and SAT Total: 1010
- New SAT taken in March 2016 or after:
- Math: 560 and SAT Total: 1090
- Teacher Recommendation Form from your math teacher: During your online application, you will be asked to provide the teacher's school email address, and we will send them an email requesting that they fill out an online recommendation for you. (Do NOT ask your teacher to write you a letter of recommendation - only our online recommendation form will be accepted.)
- Most recent grade report
- Complete an online math diagnostic test. This will occur after you submit your CHAMP application online. Follow the link in your To Do list in your online application for instructions.
Please note: Students need to meet the criteria for the ACT or SAT. Students need to take and submit scores for only one of these tests. An IQ test is also acceptable instead of these standardized test scores.
**If you took the Old version of the SAT (January 2016 or prior), you DO NOT need to take the New version. Your scores on the Old SAT can qualify you for GATE programs. See the minimum scores for the Old SAT listed above.**