Students can start ALL in 7th, 8th, 9th, or 10th grade. For example, a student who wants to start ALL in 7th grade needs to apply in the spring semester of 6th grade.
Students must submit the following with their ALL application:
- ACT or SAT scores of at least:
- ACT English: 21 and ACT Critical Reading: 22
- Old SAT taken in January 2016 or prior:
- SAT Critical Reading: 520
- New SAT taken in March 2016 or after:
- SAT Evidence Based Reading & Writing: 560
- Recommendation Form from their current English or foreign language teacher
- Most recent grade report with strong grades
Please note: Students need to meet the criteria for the ACT or SAT. Students need to take and submit scores for only one of these tests. An IQ test is also acceptable instead of these standardized test scores.
**If you took the Old version of the SAT (January 2016 or prior), you DO NOT need to take the New version. Your scores on the Old SAT can qualify you for GATE programs. See the minimum scores for the Old SAT listed above.**